Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Adoption - A Story Told to Me by Amadeus Jamieson



During my extremely short stint at the pet store, I came into contact with a lovely Domestic Long Hair cat named Winston. He was staying at the pet store while looking for his new home. My sister came in to see me, and fell in love with Winston. She wasn't sure how he would fit in her already full family, so she tried to put him out of her mind. On my third shift Winston asked me if my sister was going to come back for him. He told me he really wanted a nice warm home where he would be well loved, and that he loved kids. I relayed his message, and a few days later we went back in to fill out adoption forms. Winston told me he would like his name to be changed, as he was starting a new life and wanted a new name for his new beginning. My sister decided on Amadeus as she is a musician.

I asked Amadeus (or as we call him, Deus) if he would mind telling me of his experiences. He agreed. The rest of this entry will be in his words, as he dictates them to me.

"I was born in a barn, with my siblings. I was brought into a family as a kitten, and I was happy. Soon the family got very busy. There was so much going on, and no room for me. It grew more and more apparent that I was just a burden to this family, and no longer welcome there. It wasn't long before my family outgrew their home. They decided to leave, and I knew they weren't planning on bringing me with them. I took it upon myself to leave and find myself a home that would appreciate me. I was out on the streets for a long time, but my long fur kept me warm enough. I found a man to feed me and take me in. There were lots of cats there. We all got along but there just wasn't room for me. I heard the man on the phone trying to find someone who would take me. It wasn't too long before I was picked up and taken away from the man and his cats. I was brought to the vet, and taken care of (*note from me, he was fully vetted and neutered at this point*). I recovered in a different home for some time, but I knew this was not where I would spend the rest of my days. One day I was picked up and brought to a new home, but this one was different than the last. I was put in a cage, (*this was in the store*) and there were many people walking around me. Many people talked of bringing me into their home, but I still stayed in the cage. I didn't get much time out, and I was too big for the cage. I couldn't stretch my legs very well. I was finally picked up by my new family. They came to see me in the store, and they decided to bring me home with them. I was able to talk to Kristin, and she told my new mom what she needed to know. I was very excited because they had a little girl, just like in my old family. Their little girl loves me very much, and I knew we would be a perfect match. Her name is Kylie. She can also talk to me, which makes me feel a lot better about my new home. I have been in my new home for a bit now, and stay in a room by myself. There are other animals outside the door, but I haven't seen much to know what kinds (*there are two dogs and one cat*). I don't like dogs because I was chased after I left my first family, I don't like being prey. My new family is in control of these dogs though, which makes me feel better. 

I am so happy I was given a second chance...so much so that I wanted my new name to be Chance! But Amadeus suited my new family better, and I am happy if they are happy. I am excited to live the rest of my days in this home, happy and comfortable. I am excited to help Kylie learn, and teach my *parents* as well. I know that one day Zazzles (*the other cat*) and I will be a team, but for now it is better we are a part. I hope that my story can inspire other people, and help them know that we all have a purpose. I was lucky enough to find the home where I will spend the rest of my days, whether it be long or short. There are many cats who aren't as fortunate as me. I consider myself extremely lucky, even though I had a rocky start."

-Amadeus Jamieson

No comments:

Post a Comment