Monday, February 10, 2014

Wally's Story


After writing Amadeus's story, I thought it would be nice to get another perspective. Wally is my cousin's American Eskimo puppy. He is 4 months old, and was brought home at about 10 weeks old. I asked him if we would mind telling a story for this blog, and he agreed. 

"I was born in a *big* litter of puppies. I loved playing with my siblings. We would jump on each other and nip each other's toes. It was so much fun. They all started leaving and I stayed. I didn't know where they were going, and that made me sad. I didn't want to be the only one left. I shouldn't have worried because I was picked up by my human parents. They brought me home, but home was already occupied by cats! The cats didn't play like the puppies did. They hit me instead of nipping at my toes. They hissed instead of barking. They confused me a lot, but after awhile I realized they were pretty cool. Plus, my human mommy loves them. 

Sometimes I have accidents inside. It is hard being a puppy, and learning to be a big boy. My mom is very patient with me, and that is nice. She takes me outside and makes me feel special when I potty like a big boy. My dad hangs out with me during the day. I never feel lonely.

I love to play. It is hard to play with the cats, so instead I play with their toys. That makes my mom angry. She says I have lots of puppy toys to play with, but I want to play with the cats! If I steal their toys, maybe they will play with me. Sometimes my mom will take me on walks. The best are the ones where I get to run. Running is so much fun. There is nothing like feeling the wind against my fur as I race to catch up with the big dogs. Sometimes it gets slippery, but that just makes it more fun! Sliding is great! I wish I could run like that all the time, but I know that it is hard for mom to do things like that with me. She doesn't have fur, so she gets cold. If she ran, she would be warm but she can't run as fast as me, so I understand why she doesn't bother. She does her best, and that is what matters.

She wants me to grow up to be a gentleman. We are going to a place where a lady tells us to do things. She makes me sit and lay down. It seems silly to me, but I know it makes my mom happy so I do it. Sometimes the lady gives me treats for doing fun things. I like that. I hope the lady turns me into a gentleman. I know it would make my mom very happy. That is what is important.

I love my mom very much. I am with her to give her strength and unconditional love. The cats love her too, but I can go places with her. We love to do things together. I will always be a sounding board for my mom. I am a great listener and I won't tell anything that she doesn't want told. She can trust me always."

1 comment:

  1. Brings tears to his mommy's eyes. What a funny guy. I will always love my Wally-pop!!!

    ReplyDelete